To ensure legal operations, ethical practices and quality education in the private postsecondary sector.
- Maintain effective and efficient regulation of the private postsecondary educational institutions.
- To assist those injured by private postsecondary educational institutions.
- To collect or secure monies sufficient to provide for student financial restitution. To provide financial restitution, in a timely manner, to students financially injured as a result of a school closure
- To provide student educational records in a timely manner.
The State Board office will be closed on the following State holidays:
2022 State Holidays
New Year's Day 2022. Saturday, January 1
Martin Luther King, Jr. / Civil Rights Day Monday, January 17
Lincoln / Washington / President's Day. Monday, February 21
Memorial Day Monday, May 30
Independence Day Monday, July 4
Labor Day Monday, September 5
Columbus Day Monday, October 10
Veterans Day Friday, November 11
Thanksgiving Thursday, November 24
Christmas Day Sunday*, December 25
New Year's Day 2023 Sunday*, January 1
* If the holiday falls on a Saturday, then it is observed on the Friday before. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, then it is observed on the following Monday.